Sunday, May 8, 2011

What's better than giving a gift that gives?

This year I told Caleb I knew exactly what I wanted to give our mom's for Mother's day. I have had the idea for a few weeks now. It seems like we give a lot of gift cards to those we love on his or her special day. Not this Mother's day. I wasn't sure how to buy the gifts without the help from both moms. Hmmmm... On Easter my mom actually mentioned the gift that I was thinking about. I was caught off guard. Do I talk about it? Do I ignore her? Is this my sign to tell her what my plan for Mother's day is? So what is my plan? My mother-n-law doesn't know the plan yet...only because she was out of town this weekend...If you are my mother-n-law read no further....

One for one...what's that? There is an amazing company out there that if you buy one pair of shoes they give a pair of shoes to a child/person in need. Back in 2008 TOMS had their eyes set on Ethiopia. (Click on the word Ethiopia to go to their page for a brief description of their trip.) They went to Ethiopia on a mission trip to donate shoes to those in need. How cool is that? When we were in Ethiopia we witnessed for ourselves how many people are still without shoes. Giving a pair of these shoes to each of our moms will mean that there are four more people in the world getting new shoes. I love the idea. So I have to place an order for the shoes but need to take my mother-n-law out to try them on so we know what size to get her.
HaPpY Mother's Day

Here is a link to the TOMS website if you want to check out what they do. http://www.toms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment