Monday, March 29, 2010

THE little Things

My brother is getting married in less than two weeks. I was asked by both him and his "wife" for some advice. Advice on love, marriage and as individuals. Who am I? I am no expert on any of these topics. Here is what I told them and I have been thinking about it since.

I think that people lose Love in marriages all the time. It starts to become just day to day living. I think this is why a lot of marriages fail. Sometimes it is easier to find faults in people. I think people need to stop and reflect on why they fell in love with their girlfriend/boyfriend, spouse or partner. Remembering the good qualities. The quirks that make you smile or laugh, the heartfelt late night conversations, the inside jokes, the things that once gave you butterflies just thinking about him or her.

I believe that couples lose more than love. As people grow and change with time it may become harder to have the same relationship. Knowing that change is bound to happen, take it and make it what you want. Understand what makes him or her passionate and support that it. If he wants to try painting buy him a canvas. If she wants to join a roller derby team take her skating.

Sometimes we need to stop living our everyday lives and live for today. Find Love within our relationships. Be Passionate and grow stronger with change.

No comments:

Post a Comment