Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hello Kentucky....

On Monday Cortney left for Kentucky. Our family got to talk to Cort while he was at the Salt Lake airport and the Dallas airport. I headed to my parents house about 4:45am on Monday to get my couple of min to hear his voice. I crawled into bed with my mom and then the phone rings...I answer it and on the other end is Cort. The anticipation of getting to talk to him was almost too much. To hear his voice and the joy that he feels is pouring through the phone. I knew that he was grinning from ear to ear. I asked him if he was doing good he told me that things could not be better. He was filled with excitement to get out of the MTC and join the ranks of his peers.

I went home took a shower and got ready to go to work hoping that he would call back when he landed in Dallas. We did not talk about him calling me during his three hour layover. Would it even cross his mind??? I sent a text to his friend and let her know how great he sounded. As I drove into work I called my mom to ask if he had called her back. She said no. I told her if he does call back to let him know he can call me if he wants, I would not mind. She was quick on the phone because she did not want to miss him if he did call again. I arrived to work, logged onto my computer and within 5 min my phone rings. It was him...thank you..thank you...He wanted to talk to me. He said he had to go after about 10min on the phone. He finishes the conversation with stay strong, keep smiling because life is good.

He is AMAZING that is about all I can say and what is better than that. Here is a pic of him when he arrived at his mission home. He is looking good and somewhat tall in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment